Monday, June 14, 2010

Me:The Hardcore Writer

I have been writing since I learned how to hold a pencil. Sometimes I swear I was born with a pen in my hand, because it has been my constant companion since fourth grade. I was never an artist although I like sketching a little and drawing faces and hearts and such. If I see a pen and a clean sheet of paper, all I can think about is filling it with words, and sometimes pictures. There is something beautiful about the way a writer can make a phrase sound just right and make a whole poem flow. Sometimes they paint pictures in your mind as clear as a painter could on a canvas. But a writer can turn that painting to life, make it walk and talk. A picture just sits there, but a poem can tell a story, of adventure and romance. The Mona Lisa can't tell us just how much she was loved, or just how sweet and fair a maiden she was. But Annabell Lee tells us just how much Poe loved his wife when she died of tuberculosis. The poem tells the story of her death and just how much he missed her and wanted to be with her. Its sweet and sad at the same time. Some of Poe's other works could make your blood run cold and give you the chills.

I think you can all see by now that writing is my passion. Right now I write this blog, and I am doing daily articles for allwriters.com about high school drama, and relationships, and I am in the middle of writing a story for inkpop.com as well. So I have been very busy and I could use some feed back about my work. If anyone out there thinks I have any hope of making it someday and wants to see some of my work just let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment