Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Pen Is Stronger Than The Sword

Don't you just love the new layout and design of my blog? I even added pages and everything!! Whoo! Since It's rainy outside and I pretty much have nothing better to do, I fell asleep on the floor, several times this morning. Then I woke up and started writing and messing with my blog and such.

I am on Chapter 3 of Life Without Me, and I know, I know, thats not very far, but compared to my usual attempts at book writing, its pretty good. Its only been about a week and I already have over 3,500 words. In order to showcase it on Inkpop it has to be 10,000 so I have my work cut out for me. I have it all planned out, and organized so I know exactly what to do. Thanks to my wonderful English teacher Mrs. Shoe, I have really started getting my focus and haven't lost interest yet.

This book is different then all my others. Fallen Angel and She Dances Alone, never got very far, because I couldn't relate to them. They were about adults, and I am not an adult I can't write about experiences I have never had. Life Without Me, is something I relate to and know very well. The girls have gone through things that I have. I have used my failures and accomplishments to give life to them. It isn't a sappy love story either, it is so much more. It's about sacrifice, family, friends, and giving up everything for those you love. I hope to finish it by the end of the summer. I will keep you all updated how it's going and let you know when it will be done. Hope you all enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment