Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Writing Roadblocks and My Latest Cover

Hey guys, it has been a few days since I last posted, so here is an update on the book. The last count on words was 6,039. I'm closing in on the big  10,000, however there are a few roadblocks in the way.

Roadblock #1: Over the weekend we had company, so we had to clean and I got busy with things and the book writing came to a halt. I haven't written much for a couple of days. Blame it on my wicked older brother Matt. He just loves to torture me. According to him I should be building bridges or rebuilding car engines or something "worthwhile". My family knows to some extent that I write, but they don't know the half of it. When they ask what I want to go into my immediate response is "Journalism and Advertising". While, Journalism is doable and I really like Advertising, I really love just writing like there's no tomorrow.

Roadblock #2: Yesterday my mother told me to do the dishes. So, like the obedient child that I am (yeah right) I went out and started doing them. Well, that didn't last too long. I was putting a glass glass in the dish drainer, and it slipped out of my hand and shattered in the sink, slicing my finger in the process. Mom, came running in, and my finger was dripping blood everywhere. At first, I didn't feel a thing, and that too, didn't last long. The cut isn't too deep, but it made it hard to type for a while. It's better today and I don't really feel it, well except for when I go to use it. Then I remember pretty quick that it's there. It is usually followed by a "Ow, Son of a --"

Roadblock #3: Inkpop will not let me post my book on the site. I cannot seem to get past step one of the Submission process. I have tried with different pieces of my work, and poems that are already on the site, but nothing works.  All it does is reload the page and all of my stuff is gone. So, if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried cleaning up my computer to make it run faster, but I think something is wrong with the actual inkpop website. All I know is that it is really frustrating me.

Roadblock # 4: I've just been busy in general. While most kids this time of year are out at sports camps, going to the pool and at roller coaster parks, I'm sitting here in my room typing away. I'm not exactly your typical, ordinary, run-of-the-mill type of girl, but I need to get out once in a while. Now that some of the rainier weather is behind us, there's no reason not to get out in the afternoons and have some fun. But, honestly, I really don't have much to do. I need a dog, so I have an excuse to get out every once in a while, because sometimes writing for hours on end fries your brain.

Well, the one thing I have gotten done is the cover for the book. I may do a new one sometime, it depends how well it fits on inkpop. So, tell me all what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I like it, but the title is kind of hard to see. But I do like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I realized that later, and I was thinking about changing the words to a blue or orange. what do you think>

    ReplyDelete