Friday, May 17, 2013

On Hybrid European Accents & Thank You Notes

Let me just say this straight up. I am a very thankful person. I have amazing people in my life and I appreciate them more than they know.  I have Her Royal Fatness as my very best friend. Blogger Boy as my.....idk, but something. I have Sassy as the best darn cat in the world. And Kleenex Boy? I also have him as an acquaintance/stranger every other week or three. So when I sit here trying to write up thank-you cards for my graduation gifts why is it so hard? Its like I am thankful...but there's only so many ways to write: "Thanks for the money.." It just sounds soo.....rude. Its like I want to elaborate....but how? I mean I could lengthen it to, "I truly appreciate your generous gift" But still it doesn't sound like enough. Anyone else get freaked out by the white space in a card? I do. I have a compulsion with having to fill it all with writing. I guess I'm going to have to start writing: Thanks for the gift in that size font just to satisfy my retarded obsession. I'm weird, this I know.

Anyways. Blogger Boy. Several weeks ago this crazy boy sent me a very odd voice recording...I mean it was absolutely off the wall. In his own words, "I'm flippin out man, I'm flippin out maaaan." Literally the first 24 hours after hearing that recording I was seriously considering his sanity. Luckily, its just a sleep deprivation thing. As he predicted, I listened to the recording "again and again and again and agaiiiiiiiin because I love him" until know I almost know it by heart. Today I made a video of what I think he would have looked like while making this recording, including facial expression, gestures, and lip syncing. I was a little off in someplace, but its just hysterical. To keep his anonymity, I won't be sharing this on my blog, but his "hybrid European accent" is really something to be heard. Especially when he talks like he's Irish. "I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem." If yall think I'm weird, you should see this chap, he puts me to shame and I pale in comparison.

The two things you can take from this blog are: 1) I am a thankful person though I obsesses about how to demonstrate it. and 2) Blogger Boy's "Batsh*t mental handicappedness" far surpasses my own, but thats alright. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment